My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Getting somewhere now...

Ian Dodd's lecture was really good, by the way. I am both inspired and even more scared of graduating now :P But yeah, loads of good tips for freelancing. Glad I went.

Right, so my projects are frustrating as hell these days. The magazine is going great, except I'm totally going to run out of time. I've worked out I have to do 6 double page spreads a week if I'm going to get it done. Well done Rach, totally made it easy for yourself. Here's one of the spreads I've done anyway:


As for my deadly sins project, this one's been killing me. It's been evolving so much that it's juts really stop and start, and everything I do just wasn't working. All the elements on their own were fine, but then getting them to work as a composition... everything was all wrong.

BUT.

I've been experimenting with sewing a lot more and I may have made a breakthrough. I hope. I did this, this morning and I've surprised myself. It's rather nifty I think. Touch wood.


So we're getting somewhere, finally. With 4 weeks to go. This is the part of the semester where I do this:

lhakwejhfoq4yrlkewbfljfif094fw30!!!!!!11098208!!!!!j;oiuf!!!

Hurrah.

2 comments:

Eleanor Snare said...

Cool layout yeaaah I will try and send you some ceramics stuff, we are all a bit shit at that and everyone is FREAKING out about business plan etc.

I think coursage is spelt corsage by the way. ^_^

Rachel Lewis Illustration said...

Really? I'm sure I checked that spelling. Damn it.