My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Retro is the way forward!

I've decided not to post my work in progress for the Penguin Design Award competition. Obvious reasons really. I'll post the finished version when it's sent off and entered :)

In other news, I have been working on my sustainability posters, in particular the mobile phone one - persuading people not to upgrade their phone when it works perfectly well, for the sake of the environmental damage that new phones cause during manufacture.

I'm going for a retro feel here, the idea that vintage/retro is cool and so old phones are cool too. Just been doing some drawing and some initial ideas and....

Cassettes! Space invaders! Old Nokias! All the best things ever. I have discovered that I love drawing cassette tapes ^.^

So this is the starting point. Imagine pixellated text, retro colours... good times. I'll update as I progress, I have a good feeling about this project :)

No comments: