My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Nonsensical Spam Project: Let's take our chance together...

One of the very first nonsensical spam comments I got was this one. 'Let's take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life'. Strangely sad, I thought. Sort of lonely. So here's the illustration I came up with to accompany it. It made me think of one side of a conversation, like you hear when people are on the phone. The grammatical error just made it all the more sad, kind of childlike actually. I almost went on a more naive style for this, but I'm really happy how this came out. Haven't done anything collagey/scribbly like this since my Seven Sins project.

It feels great to have some new work done. Soo great. Photoshop, how I have missed thee.

Still thinking of a better project title =/ Read about the beginnings of the project here.

No comments: