My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

New Work: Leith Festival Fundraiser Poster Designs

Never underestimate the power of Twitter. I would never have got involved with this if I hadn't seen the RT on my feed. Leith Festival (just outside of Edinburgh) needed a poster doing for their fundraiser, which sounds like it'll be great - Leith's Found Fashions:

'The Evening will showcase outfits designed by local designers and outfits created in association with local charity shops!

There will be Live music from Leith's Very own Obehi: www.obehimusic.com
www.facebook.com/obehionline

There will also be an opportunity for you to purchase the fashions on show and fashions that were not displayed on the catwalk!'


So I sent them a few rough drafts and they chose mine for the final designs! Nice.

I wanted to give the designs a real vintage feel, so used found imagery coupled with classic fonts (Gill Sans and Futura to name a few) and am really happy with the outcome. The first is a much more fun, kitsch tongue in cheek look & feel, with a cute curly typeface called 'Kushtie' which I love. The second is an old Vogue Pattern Design amended to include all the information and to show off the idea of Vintage Fashion.

It was a pleasure to be part of this and I hope they do well to promote the fundraiser. Click here for the facebook group which has details of the event. If you're anywhere near Leith (I am not... lol) then do go and take part!

What do you think?

I am of course available for future design and illustration commissions :)

No comments: