My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

The Secret History: Penguin Design Award

Now that I've sent off my entry I can post here ^.^


I wanted to capture the Bacchanal that the group perform, which I think is the turning point in the book. The colours and silhouetted shapes show the state of mind that they were in, and then the blood and the arm of the farmer definitely hint to the violent act which happens during.

I'm pretty pleased with it; it's taken me weeks but I wanted to get it as good as I could. They announce who's shortlisted on June 15th so fingers crossed.....

I've been so busy this Easter so far; things are coming along despite the lack of technology at home. I hate windows. I want a mac. I hate not having a networked printer. Or Photoshop. Everything takes hours. Buuut I'm getting there. I don't actually know if there's enough hours in the day to get everything done, but there has to be so there will. *explodes*

My entry for the 2008 Penguin Design Award. Thought people might like to have a gander.

Update: I've been shortlisted for the 2009 award!! :D

No comments: