My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Coveting: Hybrid love-child trainers AKA Topshop's Triple Cut Out Peep Toes

Not quite sandals, not quite canvas pumps... these seem to be the strange twisted love child of both of them. Maybe they had an illicit affair and these were the result.

 I love them. And at £20, I'm pretty sure my budget can stretch to that. Check them out on Topshop online here - they also do black but I much prefer white. I'd quite like to get the ol' markers out as well and do a bit of colouring in on them as well actually.

I imagine they're great as transitional shoes (which I'm needing today - massive rain storms then bright sunshine? An outfit's worst nightmare!) because I live in flip flops most of the summer but sometimes need something a bit more sturdy. Like yesterday, I slipped down a couple of stairs in my shiny flipflops. Never good.

I'm going into the West End on thursday after work I think, so I'll hunt them down then. I hope they don't sell out (they are rather cheap...) and size 5 is pretty much the most common size! Damn me for having mainstream feet. I'm sure they have lots though.

Sorry for the lack of insightful, thought-provoking and riveting posts recently; I've discovered continuous blogging and a full time job don't mix. Not like Sandals and converse, oh no.

4 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

oh those trainer/sandals are weird! never seen anything like them before, don't think i could pull them off!

Rachel Lewis Illustration said...

I know, it'll be a tough one. I usually wear tights so how would they look? I don't like the thought of bare feet inside them - sweaty. And I'm assuming socks would be a no-no. But then, maybe not. Socks and weird sandal trainers? Could be cool.

A Gluten Freestyle said...

These are an amazing idea... would have to try the bad boys on first though.
Hope you had a great weekend.
x

Rachel Lewis Illustration said...

Thanks, yeah weekend was great. I tried these on last thursday - not great I'm afraid. Just didn't quite seem as magical as I'd hoped. More like a chunky sandal. I think if they were in pastel colours I'd get them - the black and the white is too harsh.