My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Work done for 1st Year of Uni

So I thought I'd better post images of the work I did this year... only things that I'm really happy though. This lot is about a third of the total I produced this year.
This is an editorial illustration I produced in the first semester; actually this is the first piece of work I finished for Uni. It was for an article called 'How To Look' about how people look but don't really see things. For the first piece I did at HE level I'm quite happy with it. The hands could've been better I guess.

------------------------------------------



These were produced for a book cover project, for the penguin book "The City". I did two versions, one for day and one for night. I'm quite pleased with it except for the fact that the buildings are supposed to spell out 'The City' but I guess it's not all that clear.









------------------------------------------

















































This narrative sequence was produced for a passage from a Franz Kafka short story ( I think) called 'Passers-by'. I'm quite proud of these four as they've got a nice atmosphere about them.
----------------------------------------

This was a CD cover I produced in the second semester, for a Friends of the Earth CD raising awareness about Climate Change. This one was really fun to do as I love making collages, and the style fit the design really well.


The pictures aren't great quality, sorry, but don't want people stealing good quality copies of my work do we :P

I have some character designs that I did, I'll post them at another time.

Creative Commons License


This
work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow ur stuff is soo awesome i love it!

I might have to see if i can bribe u to do something for me over the summer lol

Keep up the good work hun

xxx