My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Sunday, July 08, 2007

Illustration Friday Night: The Dead

This is my first post for Illustration Friday Night. The theme is The Dead, and I had lots of fun doing this one:


Click for larger image.... it looks better that way.
Yeah, This is not natural...
A bunch of holes where the dead used to be, underground
Forget supernatural...
'cause all those resting in peace, are out and walking the streets
With no heartbeat

It was inspired by the lyrics for 'Wake The Dead' by The Used, off their album Lies for the Liars. It's such a good song. You can find the entire lyrics here. This piece was done entirely with black and red ink. It felt so good to use ink again, I really like it. Except I bought a new calligraphy pen and it's rubbish.. unless you use hardly any pressure then no ink comes out. I'll go buy a new one tomorrow.

1 comment:

Zari said...

This one is great!...i love the perpective effect and the contrast with the red ink...Great work!
(by the way...i didn't like the geeky task...but did it at last!)