My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Saturday, July 07, 2007

Submission for this month's Allmighty's competition.

So I've nearly finished my design for this month's Allmighty's t-shirt competition:

Just a few more changes... I don't like the font, and the bottom needs a bit of work too. I was going to give it a spraypaint/stencil effect but I remembered you can't have designs with gradients on, I think. I'll have to check that. But it's nearly finished :) Should have it submitted early next week. Don't know if I'll have time to do another one, I'll see how busy I am. Sorry about the massive stupid copyright thing but as I haven't submitted it yet, I don't want anyone coming along and nicking my amazing idea :P It's transparent(ish), just look throooooo it. Eeek.

It's quite fun and cute, and I like it ^.^ And it'll make a kick ass t-shirt. Watch this space.

The other thing I was going to mention is that I'm now a member of Illustration Friday Night - definately not cute. But still hopefully fun. It's basically a blog-type-place for people who want bit more exciting/dark/scary themes, not ones like Twist. Or Camouflage. Don't get me wrong, I love Illustration Friday, and sometimes you find some really good stuff on there... but sometimes you don't, it can be a bit... 'stationery illustration'. Like nice little bunnies. And I do like bunnies. But sometimes scary dead bunnies are more interesting. Yes?

So this week's IFN theme is 'The Dead'. Which is waaaaay better than 'Geeky'. I've had lots of ideas for The Dead actually, what a great theme. Mooohahaha. And I've had 'Dead' by My Chem in my head ever since too. How I love that band. Off I go *skips away*

3 comments:

Filip said...

very nice!!!!
not sure about the sun though :)

Looking forward to it!

f

Rachel Lewis Illustration said...

Thanks filip! ^.^

But yeah I agree the sun looks a bit weird... possibly too spikey :P

Eleanor Snare said...

Hey rach x
Like this one. You should do more Cute, less Scary :p but you know how I feel about scary.
Posted up some things you might like, check it out.

Take care xxx