My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Illustration Friday: Twist

Now, I haven't done IF for a few weeks, and I wasn't intending to do this week either, as I find little inspiration in this week's theme. However, I started doodling, as you do, and ended up doing something for it. So, here's my effort:

Click for a larger view.

I suppose it's a bit snakes and ladders-esque. It was just done using a fineliner, then scanned in and the background was added. Comments would be greatly appreciated :)

6 comments:

Zara said...

Excellent image! Lovely linework, definitely worth looking at the larger version of the image to see the detail. Great stuff!

Jules said...

I'm glad you decided to get inspired!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful where doodling leads...I love how the background layer made the line work pop!

Zari said...

I'm so glad you decided to participate...and even more of seeing the results...a great illustration; love the linework + the light background suits perfectly... :)

biteyourowntail said...

I'm so glad you started doodling. i love this, all those tiny little people and precarious ladders. I can't have one favourite (too many illos) but yours is definitely one of my favourites this week.

Unknown said...

It's a good 'un