My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Cakey Bakey: Choc Chip Cupcakes with Fudge Frosting

It's national chocolate week! So to celebrate I made the most chocolatey cupcakes in existence. Be warned - these are not for people who utter that insane phrase 'Oh, it's far too chocolatey for me...' Personally I can't understand that - I have never tasted anything that is 'too' chocolatey. There is no such thing! You crazies.

But for those of you who appreciate chocolate, these are for you. Use GOOD quality chopped chocolate or choc chips, the darker the better. Dark dark dark.


Fairly simple, it's just the frosting that can take a while - I so nearly ate all the cupcakes before I'd even put the frosting on!

This recipe is from the amazing book by Elinor Klivans - The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook. Buy it from amazon. It's full of recipes all about chocolate chips - there's some brilliant cookie recipes in there. Do it now.

Here's one I ate earlier.

Hopefully this will be up on Recipe Look later, as I'll email it in.

2 comments:

Victoria Stitch said...

Ohmygosh this makes me so hungry! Good idea to illustrate recipies though! You should make a book of them and sell it! lol

Rachel Lewis Illustration said...

Hehe you should give them a try! Thanks yeah I love food illustration.

I do actually intend to one day, I started it as a uni project in 2nd year: http://rachellewisillustration.blogspot.com/2008/08/semester-2-negotiated-recipe-project.html