My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://rachelsayshello.com
and update your bookmarks.

Welcome to rachelsays... The blog of Rachel Lewis, containing my thoughts and musings on illustration, design, fashion, music, cakey-bakey goodness, culture and things that I generally find cool. There's also a good chance my own illustration work will pop up on here.

All work on this blog is copyright to me unless I state that it isn't. Obviously. Don't do stealing, kids.

So come on in, have a look around, and leave a comment if you like what you see.

www.rachelsayshello.com
contact [at] rachelsayshello.com

Thursday, October 01, 2009

New drawings: Before the flowers die.

I got sick of staring at a screen all day so took a break from the job hunting to enjoy the autumn sunshine in the garden. The flowers are having their last stand before the cold really hits so I thought I'd better get out there before most of them disappear.

My mum's garden is so pretty, it's one of my favourite parts of coming home.

The last one is my favourite; I love drawing roses. I think I'd like to photocopy this and work into it, maybe making a pattern out of it. I can just see that being on a cushion, with some more twisty stems and flowers. Hmmm. Anyway, this rose was definitely on it's way out, looking a bit curly and faded now. I hate how everything dies in autumn.

I'm going to get back into my 'a drawing a day' promise, as it was going well until... busy-ness happened. I still haven't quite mastered the art of having a life AND a job AND pursuing illustration AND drawing for the fun of it yet. All in good time.

No comments: